Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Trailer Thursday #15...

Happy Halloween 2013


Halloween by Jerry Seinfield

*I shared this picture book with my students today.

*In some ways, this story is geared toward adults more than children.

*It is about the "good old days" of Halloween!  




Creepy Carrots by Aaron Reynolds

*This was our picture book yesterday.

*The book had been displayed for quite awhile and they were more than ready to hear it.

*The story was a complete hit and read by many students later in the day.  





The Dark by Lemony Snicket

*This was a new book purchase for me.

*I was excited to share it with my students this past Monday.

*They enjoyed the story and a thoughtful discussion was had after the reading about the "DARK".




The Perfect Pumpkin Pie by Denys Cazet

*This was an interesting picture book to share with my class.

*The students were quite sure of the meaning or what truly happened in this story.




The Little Old Lady Who Wasn't Afraid of Anything
 by Linda Williams

*It is tradition in my room to share this story with my students.

*I have been reading it to my student Halloween week ever since I started teaching.

*Some years we even "act" out the different parts.  It is such fun!  

No comments:

Post a Comment