Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Treat Tuesday #22...

Treat Tuesday - Chocolate Chip Cookies

*I don't do much in the kitchen, but I do bake a mean chocolate chip cookie.

*I posted this recipe awhile back, but thought I would post it again because I just recently made them again to share with staff members for the holiday season!


Ingredients and Directions...
*Makes several dozen cookies
*Beat together:  1 cup white shortening, 3/4 cup sugar, 3/4 cup brown sugar
*Add and beat 2 eggs, added separately
*Continue beating and add:  1/2 teaspoon water, 1 teaspoon vanilla
*Stir in 2 1/4 cups flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon soda
*Mix in 1 package of chocolate chips

-Drop from rounded tablespoon onto cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 9 minutes
-Do not over bake! 



Treat Tuesday - Middle Grade Novel


The Lemonade War by Jacqueline Davies











Treat Tuesday - Adult Novel


 Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson

*This is my current BBC (Boy's Book Club) selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment