Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Trailer Thursday #29...



The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein

*I was reminded of this incredible adult novel when two of my students checked out the "children" version of this book this past Friday during our library visit.

*I remember reading this book in about one sitting and being blown away by the story line.

*If you are a reader and a dog lover, then you must must must read this wonderfully touching story.






Because of Winn Dixie by Kate DiCamillo

*It must be a dog themed week.  This is another favorite dog book that is on the top of my list.
*After her win for the Newbery this year, I want to highlight all of Kate's books with my students.
*I use to read this book each year to my students. 
*The response was always positive and highly received
*Books like these are what make me love and look at my own dog so differently. 

No comments:

Post a Comment