Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, May 18, 2014

The 26-Story Treehouse by Andy Griffiths...

How I Heard About It:  While on Twitter awhile back, I started to see the title of a book called The 13-Story Treehouse.  I of course bought it and loved it as do my students.  When I saw that the sequel came out, I quickly grabbed a copy, read it, and shared it with my class.        

What It Is About:  Andy and Terry now live in a 26-story treehouse.  They have expanded it from their 13-story treehouse.  The boys are working on their second book (the one you are reading).  They decide to make the book about how they each met each other.  Each boy gets a chance to tell their story of how they met and all the action that it included.  Their other friend also gets a chance to tell her story.  There is lots of adventure and fun along the way. 

What I Thought Of It:  I loved this second installment.  The story is pure fun and every page is an experience with the text and the illustrations.  There is lots of action and adventure along the way.  I love how the narrator talks to the reader and really pulls you into the story.  This is a top notch book for middle-grade readers.  It has been so fun to share it with my students because they are eating it up.

Who Should Read It:  This is the perfect book for third, fourth, and fifth grade readers.  Because of the pictures, the readers need the book in their hands.  I like that is feels like a chapter book, but because of all the illustrations, reads fast like a graphic novel.  The story line will appeal to both boys and girls.  This is definitely a favorite series in my classroom.  

Rating:  5 STARS out of 5 Stars 




No comments:

Post a Comment