Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Wonder Wednesday #46...

Wonder Wednesday - The Love of Reading (Part Two)

*This is the second of an on-going series I'm going to post each Wednesday.

*I love posting on Wednesdays because it is all about the WONDERS of books, reading, and all that comes with it. 

*We have two days left of our fourth grade year and I wanted to get my students' thoughts about their reading lives.  



*Each student filled out a reading survey with six questions to respond to.

*I will post their thoughts here on Wednesdays throughout the summer.

*One of my most favorite things to do as an educator is to get feedback from my students.

*Here is a look at a couple of my students' responses from the survey I gave...


STUDENT #3 - Irene

Before I was in fourth grade I thought that reading was fun and relaxing
because I used to read all the time and I read when I was stressed to release the tension. 


Now that I'm almost done with fourth grade I think that reading is just relaxing
because I've learned about so many books and it is so relaxing to read what I want. 


This year I learned that as I reader I am a picky reader
because my parents said so and I had to spend forever looking for the perfect book after I sadly finished the Harry Potter series. 


To me reading is important in the future
because if you don't know how to read then you can't graduate from high-school and then go to college. 


As a reader I'm most proud of reading the Harry Potter series
because it was a super long series.  


The best thing about reading is finishing a book and starting a new one
because I can go into a new world but I was so so sad when I finished the Harry Potter series.




STUDENT #2 - Abhay

Before I was in fourth grade I thought that reading was awesome
because I read a lot.  


Now that I'm almost done with fourth grade I think that reading is still awesome
because I like reading.


This year I learned that as I reader I am awesome
because I read a lot of books during the year.  


To me reading is awesome
because I love reading.


As a reader I'm most proud of all the books I read
because I read a lot of books.  


The best thing about reading is when the plot gets interesting
because then I want to read even more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment