Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, July 18, 2014

Friend Friday #51...

Hi!  I’m Lucy and I'm reading the book called Waiting for Magic written by Patricia MacLachlan.

I think this book is really good because it holds a lot of adventures in a small chapter book.  

My favorite part in the story is when the mom says "We will take them all" because it is a real twist.  






The character that I liked best is chapter two because it holds a lot of information and a great part of the story.  (I think Lucy read this statement as chapter instead of character!)  f

I think the author wrote this book because she wanted some laughs and to make her reader laugh.

I would recommend this book to my friends because it is so good and I think the perfect length for a fourth grade reader.  

Reading to me is amazing because I love it so much and I love reading all these different stories.


*Lucy was in my class this past school year.
*She was an interesting reader to observe.  
*Like all readers, if she was enjoying the book she had, she was all ON.  If she didn't like the book, she was all OFF.
*What she and I realized was, she enjoyed shorter chapter books, but could read many of them.  
*I think that is true of many young readers.  
*This book didn't get read a lot, but those that read it really enjoyed it.  






No comments:

Post a Comment