Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Treat Tuesday #49...

Treat Tuesday - Cookies and Cream

*A perfect "TREAT" for the holiday weekend coming up.
*It is such an incredible dessert and usually disappears within
minutes.



Ingredients...
1 bag Oreos, crushed 
8oz cream cheese, softened 
1/4 cup butter 
1 cup powdered sugar 
3 cups milk
2 sm boxes instant vanilla pudding
1/2 tsp vanilla
12 oz Cool Whip, thawed 


Instructions...
*Cream together cream cheese, butter & powered sugar & vanilla.
*In separate bowl mix milk & pudding chill until set.
*Fold in cool whip after pudding has set.
*Add cream cheese mixture, layer with Oreos... 
*Chill until ready to serve!


Treat Tuesday:  Adult Novel

House of Sand and Fog by Andre Dubus III

*I read this book years ago and couldn't put it down.
*As dark as it was, it was such an intense and awesome read!





Treat Tuesday:  Middle-Grade Novel

 Flying Solo by Ralph Fletcher

*This is such a great story about kids doing the right thing.
*If I could ever have a class do this, I would have reached my goal!  




Treat Tuesday:  Television Show/Series
"Six Feet Under" - HBO via Netflix

*This is one of my all-time favorite series.
*I did some major "BINGE" watching a few years back.
*The series finale is worth watching the whole thing.  INCREDIBLE!!!  






Treat Tuesday:  Movie
 
"Akeelah and the Bee"  
*This movie blew me away when I first saw it years ago.
*I have never forgot it.
*I have used the ending song "PROUD" with my students ever since I saw the movie.
*The message, theme, and tone of the whole movie is one of reaching your goals.
*If you have not seen this movie yet, be sure to watch it soon.  

Treat Tuesday:  Music  

"Forever Young" by Diana Ross
*Years and Years and Years ago I first heard this song.
*As I have watched my own two children grow into young adults, the song has become more and more important to me.
*When my daughter Kate graduated from high school last year, I typed up the lyrics to the song, had them framed, and gave them to her as a gift.
*While on my cruise last week I was walking the deck listening to my iPod.
*This song came on and it was a moment of "perfection".
*To me there is so much you could do with the words and the young people we teach.
*May you all stay "Forever Young"!!!  


Treat Tuesday:  Photograph

*This was another photograph that came across my Twitter feed.
*I saved it to my phone and haven't been able to get it out of my mind.
*As the saying goes, "A picture is worth a thousand words."
*Such a powerful image...

No comments:

Post a Comment