Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Treat Tuesday #51...

Treat Tuesday:  Peach Cake

*Saw this recipe via FaceBook.

*The perfect time of year for this delicious peach cake.

*Serve it up, grab a book, and enjoy!




Ingredients...
  1. *1 large can sliced peaches, drained and mashed (I used 2 regular cans since that is all I had at the time).
    *You could also use fresh peaches.
    *2 cups all-purpose flour
    *2 cups sugar
    *2 teaspoons baking soda

    ICING...
    *3/4 cup sugar
    *3/4 regular sized can of evaporated milk
    *1 stick butter or margarine
    *1 cup coconut (I used a little more than a cup of coconut)
    *1 cup nuts 
Directions...
Drain the peaches and empty into a large bowl.
I just used my hands to mash them.
Add flour, sugar and soda and mix well. 
Spray a 9 x 13 inch cake pan and pour in batter.
Bake in a preheated 350F degree oven for 35 minutes. 

Boil everything but the nuts on top of the stove until thickens, remove from heat, stir in nuts and spread on cooled cake.


Treat Tuesday:  Adult Novel

The Memory of Running by Ron McLarty

*Another one of my all-time favorite books.

*Such an interesting story!





Treat Tuesday:  Middle-Grade Novel

Drizzle by Kathleen Van Cleve

*I haven't used this book in years, but when I did, it was a sure win for all readers.

*This is a creativity and fun story!





Treat Tuesday:  Television Show/Series

"Nurse Jackie" on Showtime

*This has become one of my favorite series.

*I have d0ne lots of "binge" watching of this show!






Treat Tuesday:  Movie

"Big Fish"

*After reading the book, I had to see the movie.

*Such an original and fascinating story-line.







Treat Tuesday:  Music  

"My Wish" by Rascal Flatts

*I used this song several years ago for Music Monday.

*I'm not a country fan, but do really enjoy this song.

*Such a great and positive message!  






Treat Tuesday:  Photograph
"Summertime"

*Doesn't this photograph just scream "summertime."

*I love it so much and makes me so happy.

*Reminds me of my childhood summer days!

No comments:

Post a Comment