Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Wonder Wednesday #54...

Wonder Wednesday - The Love of Reading (Part Ten)

*This is the tenth of an on-going series I'm going to post each Wednesday.

*I love posting on Wednesdays because it is all about the WONDERS of books, reading, and all that comes with it. 

*Toward the end of the school year, I had my students respond to some questions I had about their reading lives.  



*Each student filled out a reading survey with six questions to answer.

*I will post their thoughts here on Wednesdays throughout the summer.

*One of my most favorite things to do as an educator is to get feedback from my students.

*Here is a look at a couple of my students' responses from the survey I gave...


STUDENT #19 - Meghan

Before I was in fourth grade I thought that reading was awesome and cool
because it was really fun and a perfect thing to do on a rainy day or 
any day.  

Now that I'm almost done with fourth grade I think that reading is even more awesome
because I read a really good series of books this year.  


This year I learned that as a reader I can read big books fast
because I read an 800 pages book in three days.   


To me reading is the best thing in the world
because it is fun!  


As a reader I'm most proud of reading the Eragon Series
because it is the best series EVER.  


The best thing about reading is the actual reading
because that is the best part.  


STUDENT #20 - Ramey

Before I was in fourth grade I thought that reading was boring
because I didn't think it was good or fun.  


Now that I'm almost done with fourth grade I think that reading is good
because I got into some great books.  


This year I learned that as a reader I should read more
because the more I read the more interesting books I'll find.    


To me reading is good
because I have found some really great books.  


As a reader I'm most proud of the books I've read because this year I read longer books and more books than I ever have.  

The best thing about reading is the pictures
because I like graphic novels and the pictures that are in those types of books.  

No comments:

Post a Comment