Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Wonder Wednesday #56...

Wonder Wednesday - The Love of Reading (Part Twelve)

*This is the twelfth of an on-going series I'm going to post each Wednesday.

*I love posting on Wednesdays because it is all about the WONDERS of books, reading, and all that comes with it. 

*Toward the end of the school year, I had my students respond to some questions I had about their reading lives.  



*Each student filled out a reading survey with six questions to answer.

*I will post their thoughts here on Wednesdays throughout the summer.

*One of my most favorite things to do as an educator is to get feedback from my students.

*Here is a look at a couple of my students' responses from the survey I gave...


STUDENT #23 - Emma

Before I was in fourth grade I thought that reading was boring and not fun
because we had to do little book stuff and it was thick books and you would have to read three or may in a day.  


Now that I'm almost done with fourth grade I think that reading is way more fun
because I am not rushed in my reading.  


This year I learned that as a reader I can read longer books
because I read bigger books than I ever have before and liked it.  


To me reading is so fun and awesome
because I am not rushed now.  


As a reader I'm most proud of taking my time
because I do not like to be rushed when I read.  


The best thing about reading is how relaxing and enjoying it can be
because I have learned how to love reading.  


STUDENT #24 - Ryan

Before I was in fourth grade I thought that reading was not fun
because the reading last year was boring.  


Now that I'm almost done with fourth grade I think that reading is awesome
because there is a lot of great books in our classroom. 


This year I learned that as a reader I am getting a lot better
because I am reading longer books.  


To me reading is fun
because the books in Mr. Andrus' class are awesome.  


As a reader I'm most proud of all the books I read
because I read a lot of books this year.  

The best thing about reading is how I can travel to other worlds
because when I read my mind goes into the story I'm reading.  

No comments:

Post a Comment