Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Monday, September 22, 2014

Happy Birthday Babymouse (#18) by Jennifer L. Holm & Matthew Holm...

How I Heard About It:  You would have to live under a rock to not have heard of Babymouse and this awesome graphic novel series.  I came in a bit late to the wonder of Babymouse, but over the last couple of years, I have read all the books in the series and shared them with my students.  

What It Is About:  This time it is Babymouse's birthday and this year she is going to have the best party ever.  She is beyond excited.  When the invitations go out, she realizes her birthday party is the same day as Felicia Furrypaws.  Felicia is going to have the "best" party ever and of course all the same people are invited.  How can Babymouse make her party better than Felicia and have everyone come?  

What I Thought Of It:   As with all the other seventeen books, I really enjoy this series.  This particular story was fun and had all the "antics" I would expect from a Babymouse book.  I also always enjoy the "lesson" that is presented in the story.  Another great addition to my classroom collection!

Who Should Read It:  I personally believe this series should be in every elementary classroom.  It would work with young readers all the way up to kids in sixth grade.  Such a fun, creative, and unique series of graphic novels.  I can't wait to see what happens to Babymouse in the next edition.  Happy Reading!  

Rating:  4 STARS out of 5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment