Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Monday, September 8, 2014

Music Monday #1 (2014-2015 School Year)...


"What I Am" by will.i.am and Sesame Street

*First off, let me say that I love music and love sharing songs with my students.

*Each Monday I feature a song to share with my writers.

*We listen to the song via the music video.

*After watching it the first time, we discuss as a class our thoughts about the music.

*I then play the song again (minus the video) and my students spend time writing in their notebook.

*They can write anything they want.  This could include their likes, dislikes, reactions, thoughts, reminders, connections, and/or anything else they would like to include.

*After the writing, we have a few share out what they wrote.  (Only if the writer wants to)

*If there is time at the end, we will watch the video again.

*This particular song will become our "THEME" song and is used for our weekly newscasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment