Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Treat Tuesday #61...

Treat Tuesday - Six Minute Caramels

*I am a sucker for a caramel.

*They are my guilty pleasure and I just can't stop eating them.

*When I saw this "quick" recipe, I knew I had to try it out.

*So good, so easy, and of course so tasty!!!




Ingredients:
*1/4 cup butter
*1/2 cup white sugar

*1/2 cup brown sugar
*1/2 cup light Karo syrup
*1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk


Directions:
1 - Combine all ingredients.
2 - Cook 6 minutes, stirring every two minutes.
3 - Stir and pour into lightly greased dish. (8x8 for thick caramels, 2 batches fit 9x13)
4 - Let cool.
5 - Cut (Cut into strips with knife then used a scissors to cut into pieces)
6 - Wrap in wax paper & store in an air tight container.


Treat Tuesday:  Middle Grade Novel

Treausre Hunters by James Patterson and Chris Grabenstein

*This book is becoming popular in my classroom and the waiting list is growing.

Treasure Hunters:Danger Down the Nile
 by James Patterson and Chris Grabenstein

*I just purchased this sequel and the readers were quite excited.  









Treat Tuesday:  Adult Novel

The Garden of Last Days by Andre Dubus III

*His novels are a bit dark, but very engaging and definitely a page turner.

No comments:

Post a Comment