Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Read Aloud #1 (2014-2015)...

Fish in a Tree by Lynda Mullaly Hunt

*I received an ARC of this novel over the summer.

*After reading it, I knew it had to be our first read aloud of the year.

*We finished the book a few days ago and the class LOVED the story.

*I have each student fill out a reflection sheet about the book.

*Here are a few responses from my students…


I thought this book was…

*Funny and great because it had lots of funny parts and I liked when Ally was class President.
*The best book ever because it was funny & I do not read many chapter books or enjoy many books.
*Great because the plot was really awesome and made me always want to know what was coming.


I liked it when…

*Albert stood up to the bullies because he got so mad.
*Albert got mad at the boys because a real rule of life is you don't hit a girl.
*Ally learned to read because nobody made fun of her anymore.


My favorite character was…

*Porkchop because he sounds cute as a fake cat.
*Ally because she was funny and worked hard.
*Ally because she was different from everyone but everyone wanted to have dyslexia too.


My favorite part in the story was…

*When Mr. Daniels did that box game because Ally was smart enough to figure it out.
*When Albert stood up to those jerks because he showed guts.
*When Ally told Mr. Daniels to help Travis to read because it was kind and nice.

It was interesting when…

*Albert has holes in this shoes because it was sad and I wanted to help him.
*Travis got a car because driving cars look awesome.
*Albert was like Albert Einstein because it was weird and funny.

I was frustrated when…

*Shay was mean because she was a bully.
*Albert got beat up because it was so mean.
*Shay was a big jerk and mean to everyone because it just isn't right to act that way.

I give this book _____ stars!  

5 STARS = 22 Students
4 STARS = 2 Students
3 STARS =  1 Student
2 STARS =
1 STAR =

No comments:

Post a Comment