Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Wonder Wednesday #63...

Wonder Wednesday - Breakfast with Books (Part One)

*First of a two-part series...




The Fabled Fourth Graders of Aesop Elementary School 
by Candace Fleming

*This WONDER is all about our "Breakfast with Books" book club.

*I've had this book club for many years and one of the best things I've done in my teaching career.

*The newest season of our book club brings our first novel and a Skype visit from the author.

*A few weeks ago I announced the first selection to my group of fourth graders.

*The first novel I choose was The Fabled Fourth Graders of Aesop Elementary School by
 Candace Fleming.

*The students that wanted to read this book, found a copy of it, and got started reading.

*While they were reading, I contacted the author to see if she would be interesting and available to Skype with us during our book club discussion.  

*As with most authors, she was gracious enough to say YES!

*We will be meeting on Wednesday, October 15th for our first book club of the year.

*Our book club meets before school for about 45 minutes.  

*Some of the readers volunteer to bring in breakfast treats to share with the other members.  

*I have each member of the book club write 2-3 questions beforehand for the author.

*During our book club we discuss the story and ask our questions for the author while she Skypes in.

*We are getting very excited for our first book club.  

*I know it is going to be an awesome year of books, authors, Skype visits, and growing as readers!

*Here is a link to the list of books I have chosen over the last several years...

No comments:

Post a Comment