Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Monday, November 10, 2014

Music Monday #10...


"Pure Imagination" from Willy Wonka/Glee

*I love Music Monday and I especially love when I share an "older" song.

*As a child, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was one of my favorite movies.

*When I first started teaching, I use to read the novel to my classes.

*One major theme in my classroom is "Imagination" and being creative.

*This song and movie speak to that strongly.

*We watch the video as a class and then do a quick discussion.

*After the discussion, the students write in their writer's notebooks.

*They can record their thoughts, their feelings, their reactions, their reminders, or anything else.

*At the end of our writing time, I have a few of the kids share what they wrote.  

*I hope my students enjoy this selection as much as I did as a kid and still do until this day!


Music Monday Selections for 2014-2015…

Week #1 = What I Am by will.i.am and Sesame Street Characters
Week #2 = Proud by Heather Small
Week #3 = Dreamer by Chris Brown
Week #4 = Roar by Katy Perry
Week #5 = What Does the Fox Say by Ylvis
Week #6 = Rainbow Connection from the Muppets
Week #7 = Good Time by Owl City and Carly Rae Jepson
Week #8 = Thriller by Michael Jackson
Week #9 = Hall of Fame by The Script and will.i.am

No comments:

Post a Comment