Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Read Aloud #2 (2014-2015)...

Absolutely Almost by Lisa Graff

*I read this book over the summer.  

*After reading it, I knew I wanted to share it with my students.  

*We finished the book a few days ago and the class LOVED the story.

*I have each student fill out a reflection sheet about the book.

*Here are a few responses from my students…


I thought this book was…

*Amazing because there were so many interesting things that happened.
*Great because there were a lot of funny and emotional things that happened in the story.
*Spectacular because it was such a great story.


I liked it when…

*Albie and Calista had fun at the zoo because they didn't have to go to school and had fun instead.
*Calista made a sad day for Albie because it was such a nice thing to do.
*Betsy gave Albie red Gummy Bears because it was a kind thing to do and I love Gummy Bears.


My favorite character was…

*Calista because she was a nice and friendly nanny.
*Betsy because she was different from everyone else.
*Albie because he really liked doughnuts and I do too.


My favorite part in the story was…

*When Albie got a "B" on his spelling test because he got a Gummy Bear.
*When Albie left helpful hints for Betsy because they didn't really help Betsy.
*When when the TV people said no air time on this kid, no air because it was funny and the lady didn't care at first.  


It was interesting when…

*Calista was fired because it was sad.
*Darissa came to the school because you wouldn't think a new person would come to the story toward the end.
*Darren only wanted to be friends with Albie to meet Erlan because that is interesting a bit rude.  


I was frustrated when…

*Erlan moved away because I wasn't really expecting it.
*Calista had to leave because I think she was a good babysitter.
*Darren was being mean to Betsy because I wonder why Darren would do that.  


I give this book _____ stars!  

5 STARS = 19 Students
4 STARS = 5 Students
3 STARS =  1 Student
2 STARS =
1 STAR =

No comments:

Post a Comment