Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, June 5, 2015

Friend Friday #94 (A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman)...

Hi!  I am Julie and I read the book called A Man Called Ove written by Fredrik Backman.


I thought this book was tender because Ove learns to love again.     


My favorite part in the story was the friendship that develops between a reluctant Ove and his new neighbors, Parvaneh and her family because Parvaneh frustrates Ove because she is so totally his match.  




The character that I liked best was Ove because although a curmudgeon, he has a warm and loving side.    


I think the author wrote this book because 
he wanted to show the profound impact one's life has on others.  


I would recommend this book to my friends because it will you make you smile.  


Reading to me is pure enjoyment because I can lose myself in the book.  


*This summer I'm going to feature my "adult" reader friends for my "Friend Friday" posts.  During the school year, I feature my fourth grade readers.

*I sent out my "reading response" forms to many of my co-workers and they were generous enough to sharing their reading thoughts about a book they love.

*For this first Friday post of the summer, my friend Julie who is our school social worker shared her thoughts about a novel she read this school year.  This is also one of my favorite novels.  


No comments:

Post a Comment