Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Monday, June 15, 2015

Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan...

How I Heard About It:  I have read other books by John Green and David Levithan and was excited to read this novel by the two of them.  One of my reading goals is to read all of Green's books.  

What It Is About:  Will Grayson is in high school and his best friend is Tiny Cooper.  Tiny is a large boy who also happens to be gay.  Will and Tiny have been best friends for a long time.  Tiny Cooper is over the top and wants to make the most out of his life.  He decides to create a stage show at his high school.  At the same time, another Will Grayson, who is also gay, is having an online relationship with a boy that he has not met.  When he goes downtown Chicago to meet this mystery boy, he actually runs into the first Will Grayson and Tiny Cooper.  Tiny Cooper and the second Will Grayson begin a relationship and at times Tiny's best friend is caught in the middle.  As the date of the show approaches, life for everyone gets more and more complicated, especially for both Will Graysons.  

What I Thought Of It:  As with the other novels by Green and Levithan, I enjoyed this story just as much.  It certainly was an interesting premise to have two characters with the same name.  I liked how their lives came together, what they did with this.  One of my favorite characters was Tiny Cooper.  I know there is a new novel out about Tiny Cooper and it is on my TBR list.  He was such a lovable guy and I know he just wanted to make the most out of his life.  The plot moved along at a satisfying pace and I enjoyed everything about it.  


Who Should Read It:   This is the perfect novel for both young adult and adult readers.  If you are a fan of other books by either Green or Levithan, then I highly recommend this story for you.  Many of the characters in the story will be relatable to high school students and what they are dealing with in life as they grow toward adulthood.  Happy Reading!

Rating:  4 STARS out of 5 Stars






No comments:

Post a Comment