Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, July 3, 2015

Friend Friday #98 (Inside the O'Brien's)...

Hi!  I am Heidi and I read the book called Inside the O'Brien's written by Lisa Genova.


I thought this book was powerful because it captures the struggles of a family dealing with Huntington's disease.  


My favorite part in the story was how realistic the story is because I know a family in the same situation.  




The character that I liked best was Joe, the father because he demonstrated faith and resilience during the process.  


I think the author wrote this book because she wanted others to understand the impact of this devastating disease.  


I would recommend this book to my friends because it is truthful and realistic. 


Reading to me is a form of escape, entertainment or place to learn new things because I look forward to a good book each day.  


*Heidi is a special education teacher in my building.  We have worked closely together over the last few years.

*She and I talk books all the time.  I have recommended many titles to her and she "usually" loves them as much as I do.  Heidi also has given me some great titles to read as well.

*I not only talk to her about adult books, but we also discuss middle-grade novels as well.  

*This was also one of my favorite adult reads during the past year.  



No comments:

Post a Comment