Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Wonder Wednesday #101 (Part Seven)...

Wonder Wednesday - The Love of Reading (Part Seven)

*This is the seventh of an on-going series I'm going to post each Wednesday.

*I love posting on Wednesdays because it is all about the WONDERS of books, reading, and all that comes with it. 

*Each student filled out a reading survey with six questions to respond to.



*I will post their thoughts here on Wednesdays throughout the summer.

*One of my most favorite things to do as an educator is to get feedback from my students.

*Here is a look at a couple of my students' responses from the survey I gave...



STUDENT #1 -Marissa

Before I was in fourth grade I thought that reading was exciting because visualizing was my key and you can learn many new things. 

Now that I'm almost done with fourth grade I think that reading is even more exciting because learning new words helps me understand more and visualize more. 

This year I learned that as I reader I prefer history type books and mythology because I'm reading a series called Goddess Girls and I really like it.  

To me reading is exciting and an opportunity to learn new things because reading helps me learn a lot of new things. 

As a reader I'm most proud of being able to read more challenging books because reading more challenging books seems more fun and I like the challenge. 

The best thing about reading is learning new things because learning new things makes you smarter and I want to be as smart as I can.  




STUDENT #2 -Abdiwahid

Before I was in fourth grade I thought that reading was horrible because I never use to read. 

Now that I'm almost done with fourth grade I think that reading is amazing because I started to actually read books this year and learned that there are great books.  

This year I learned that as I reader I read better when I'm in a silent area because I can concentrate better and not get distracted. 

To me reading is amazing because I love the books that I read and enjoyed the stories in them. 

As a reader I'm most proud reading the Alex Rider Series because I saw lots of kids reading it and Mr. Andrus said I might enjoy it and I really did.  I wish there were more in the series. 

The best thing about reading is reading a great story because I forget my own life and get to read about other people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment