Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Life Lesson #2 (Be Kind)...

"Be Kind"

*As short and simple as this video clip is, it sure does pack a punch!

*Everything we do in my classroom really revolves around "being kind".

*Each Thursday I feature a different video with a "life lesson" in it.  

*After viewing the video once or twice, we chat a bit about it as a group.

*I then have the writers record their thoughts in their writer's notebooks.

*They can write their thoughts, reactions, connections, wonderings, learnings, or whatever is on their mind regarding the video.

*Encouragement is also given to reflect on the "message" of the clip.

*After about 5-10 minutes of writing, we listen to a few of the students share what they wrote.

*It is my hope that through these "life lessons", my students can become the best young people they can be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment