Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Monday, September 28, 2015

Music Monday #3 (Dreamer by Chris Brown)...



"Dreamer" by Chris Dreamer

*This was our third Monday where we featured our music selection.

*Each Monday I highlight a piece of music to share with my writers.  

*We begin with showing a video that goes along with the musical selection.

*The class will watch the video between 1-2 times.

*After the second viewing, the writers begin to record their thoughts in the notebooks.

*As they write, I play the music in the background (minus the video).

*My fourth graders can record their thoughts, ideas, connections, likes/dislikes, or reactions to the song.

*I have my students write between 5-10 minutes.  At the end of our writing time, I see if a few of the writers would like to share what they wrote.  

*Based on history, Music Monday becomes one of the most popular days of our writing week!


Music Monday Selections (2015-2016)…

Week #1:  What I Am by will.i.am
Week #2:  Proud by Heather Small

No comments:

Post a Comment