Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Friend Friday #116 (Sunny Side Up by Jennifer and Matthew Holm)...

Hi!  I’m Ana and I read the book called, Sunny Side Up  written by Jennifer Holm and Matthew Holm


I think this book was excellent because it was a cool story about a cool girl and was a graphic novel.   


My favorite part in the story was when she finally got to go somewhere fun in Florida with her grandpa because before that they did boring stuff.  



The character that I liked best was Sunny because she had to make the best of her summer away from her family and really wanted to help her brother.  


I think the author wrote this book because she wanted to create a graphic novel about a girl and her family and how to make the best of a situation.  


I would recommend this book to my friends because I know they would like it especially if they have read other books by these two authors.  


Reading to me is relaxing because I forget about everything going on in life and can just enjoy a story and be a part of it.  


*This book is becoming quite popular in my classroom.
*I recently finished it myself and shared it with my readers.
*Ana was one of the first students to get her hands on a copy and read it.  
*One of the best things in the classroom is when a book builds momentum and is read by everyone.
*I think that will happen with this particular story. 






No comments:

Post a Comment