Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Wonder Wednesday #118 (My NCTE Experience/Part ONE)...

A First-Time Experience

*Last weekend was one of the best weekends of my life.  I'm still on cloud nine after my first experience at NCTE.

*The convention was held here in Minneapolis and I was fortunate enough to attend all four days.


*I actually had the honor of presenting with the Nerdy Book Club on a panel Friday afternoon.

*Not only did I learn an incredible amount of thought-provoking information, I had the opportunity to meet so many Twitter friends and authors.

*Here is a glance of my first time at the convention...

 Thursday, November 19th (My first day at the convention)

 Friday, November 20th (A session about the Power of the Newbery)

 (Mr. Colby Sharp and Mr. Schu doing what they do best - talking books)

 (The engaging panel and our class read aloud - Crenshaw - comes alive)

 (A full house for the "Embracing Trouble in the Reading & Writing Classroom)

(The incredible Kate DiCamillo signing books)

 (Donalyn Miller kicking off our presentation about the Nerdy Book Club)

 (I'm up to talk about my "Nerdy" journey in front of a "Nerdy" audience)

No comments:

Post a Comment