Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Hollow City: The Second Novel of Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs...

How I Heard About It:  After reading the first book in this series, I knew I had to continue with book #2 to find out how the story continued.  I listened to this book on audio.  

What It Is About:  Jacob and his ten friends have escaped from the island where they had spent their entire life.  They are back in 1940 caught in that loop.  Miss Peregrine is still trapped in the body of a bird and the children aren't sure where to go or how to find safety.  Jacob takes it upon himself to find the answers and keep his new friends safe and sound.  The group travels to London where other "peculiars" can be found.  They are on a quest to find a cure to bring Miss Peregrine back.  They face many dangers and monsters and have to fight for their lives.  



What I Thought Of It:  The first book and this second installment have brought me hours of enjoyment on my commute to and from the classroom.  The narrator is incredible and the story keeps me on my toes (ears).  This second edition had much more action and suspense than book number one and I enjoyed their dangerous journey.  It was great to get to know the characters better and follow them on their quest.  This isn't a typical book for me, but I find myself just loving it.  I already have book #3 (the final one I believe) on reserve at the library.  

Who Should Read It:  Well, if you have read the first book, then you need to read this one.  This is the perfect series for high school and adult readers.  If you enjoy a combination of fiction, fantasy, and mystery, then this is the perfect book for you.  Happy Reading!  

Rating:  4 STARS out of 5 Stars







No comments:

Post a Comment