Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Wonder Wednesday #121 (Top FIVE Reading Moments)...

Wonder Wednesday - My Top Five

*I wasn't sure what to do for a WONDER Wednesday post.

*We are wrapping up the week before our holiday break.

*Some great moments have been on my mind so I thought I would share them here...







Our third "Breakfast with Books" book club is meeting tomorrow morning.  We read the Terrible Two by Jory John and Mac Barnett.  We are lucky enough to be able to Skype with Jory.  The readers are over the top excited.  









We began our fourth read aloud called The Map to Everywhere by Carrie Ryan and John Parke Davis.  I had the opportunity to hear them speak at NCTE this past November.  The reaction so far has been excellent and we are reading more than ever.  









I've been over the moon with excitement putting NEW books into the hands of my readers.  I received a bunch of them at NCTE.  I also stopped by the Scholastic Warehouse Sale last week.  I came in with a large box of new titles and the fourth graders couldn't get their hands on them fast enough.  


After our "Breakfast with Books" book club tomorrow I will be announcing our next selection.  It is a brand new title to me and one of my favorite reads this fall.  It is called A Whole New Ballgame:  A Rip and Red Story by Phil Bildner.  I know they are going to love it and we will be Skyping with him later in January.  







Last Wednesday I had the opportunity to spend the day at a Donalyn Miller workshop.  Anytime I get to spend the day learning with her is a day to remember.  It was all about authentic ways for children to respond to their reading via writing.  The best part is coming right back into the classroom and apply the learning with my readers and writers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment