Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, January 22, 2016

Friend Friday #124 (A Whole New Ballgame by Phil Bildner)...

Hi!  I am Jacob and I read the book/series called A Whole New Ballgame written by Phil Bildner.


I think this book/series is great because it has basketball in it and I play basketball and I could see myself being friends with Rip and Red.  


My favorite part in the story is when the team played their last game because it got me really excited about the story and I kept reading and reading.  




The character that I liked best was Rip because he played the most basketball and I think he would make a great friend.  


I think the author wrote this book because he likes basketball and wanted to write a story about kids in a fun classroom that also played basketball.  


I would recommend this book to my friends because it has everything in it that kids like to read about and I know they would love it as much as I did.  


Reading to me is fun because I don't have to talk and can get completely involved in a story.   


*We Skyped with Phil this morning.  

*The discussion about this book was awesome, fun, and engaging.  

*It was so fun to watch Jacob enjoy this book and the chat with Phil Bildner.  

*He has been reading from just a couple of different series this year so it was great to see him branch out and try this particular book.  

*I know he is in "line" to read the second book in the series.  We have an ARC in my classroom.  





No comments:

Post a Comment