Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, January 10, 2016

The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson...

How I Heard About It:  This has been on my TBR list for quite some time.  For some reason I kept putting it on the back burner.  I think part of me thought it was too "light" of a read and always put something else before it.  The more reviews I read about the story, I decided it was time to read it.  It was actually a reading friend that was reading it over the holidays that finally convinced me to get a copy of it.  I was lucky that when I went to the library there was a copy all ready for me.  

What It Is About:  This is not deep or "high brow" literature type story, but I think as readers we know it is alright to read a little bit of everything.  Instead this is an awesome page turner of a book that you won't be able to put down.  Lily and Ted meet at an airport where Ted tells her that he has just found out his wife is having an affair with the contractor that is working on their "mega" mansion.  After chatting in the airport bar and on the flight back to Boston, they decide that his wife Miranda deserves to die.  It turns out Lily actually has a history with "murder".  As Ted and Lily begin to plan the murder of Miranda, Ted ends up dead himself.  Both Lily and Miranda are shocked and wonder if Miranda's lover (the contractor) had something to do with Ted's murder.  What follows is a bizarre case of murder, lies, deceit, and mystery that keeps the reader guessing until the very last page.  

What I Thought Of It:  I'm so glad I finally read this book and bummed that it took me so long to read it.  I've read some great books in the last few weeks, but I haven't read a novel that I would truly describe as a "page turner".  This story starts on page one and doesn't let go until the very last word of the novel.  There were so many surprised that I had more than one "gasp" moment.  I loved them all.  I wasn't sure which character was a "good" one and which one was a "bad" one.  They kept changing and all had their hands in these dastardly deeds.  This was the perfect story to read over a cold Minnesota January weekend.

Who Should Read It:  Well, everyone should read this.  Readers of fiction, mystery, and page-turners will find great joy with this story.  I'm going to be highly recommending this book to all of my reader friends.  Happy Reading!  

Rating:  5 STARS out of 5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment