Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, June 10, 2016

Friend Friday #143 (The Red Pencil by Andrea Davis Pinkney)

Hi!  We are Mrs. Peterson's Block 1 Reading Class and we read the book called The Red Pencil written by Andrea Davis Pinkney


We think this book was fantastic because it was written in prose and moved quickly.  


Our favorite part in the story is when she drank Fanta for the first time because it was descriptive.




The character that we liked best was Amira because she was realistic and fun to learn about.  


We think the author wrote this book because she wanted to raise the awareness of the crisis in Darfur.  


We would recommend this book to our friends because it shows an imperfect world and how you can survive through anything.   


Reading to us is very special because we get to chose what I read, learn, and see creativity.  



*Since my fourth graders have moved on to summer, I have to find new "friends" for my Friday posts.

*I'm going to be featuring some teacher friends, colleague friends, and other classes from my building during the summer vacation.

*For the second edition of these posts, my friend Beth and her 6th grade class reviewed a book that I know they enjoyed this year.  

*Thanks to Beth and her awesome sixth graders for taking some time to share their thoughts about this novel with me.  






No comments:

Post a Comment