Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, July 15, 2016

Friend Friday #148 (I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios)

Hi!  I'm Kathy and I read the book called I'll Meet You There written by Heather Demetrios.


I think this book is honest, hopeful, and relevant because it deals with issues of today and the fears and emotions many people experience.  


My favorite part in the story is when Skylar finally stands up to her mother because she decides to live her own life and take care of herself.  



The character that I liked best was Skylar Evans because she is strong and doesn't give up easily.  


I think the author wrote this book because it shows how people with differences can grow and become friends.  


I would recommend this book to my friends because it was a quick, captivating story.  


Reading to me is a relaxing escape because a book can take you anywhere and everywhere.  


*Kathy has been a co-worker and friend for the last twenty-three years.  
*She actually just retired this last spring.  I'm going to miss her greatly in the building.  
*Over the years we have talked books many, many times.  
*We both have very similar tastes in novels.  We both read this one and LOVED it! 
*So appreciative that she was willing to be my "friend" for this blog post.






No comments:

Post a Comment