Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, August 12, 2016

Friend Friday #152 (City Dog, Country Frog by Mo Willems)


Hi!  I'm Stacy and I read the book called City Dog, Country Frog written by Mo Willems.


I thought this book was sad and sweet at the same time because it is about a friendship formed between a city dog that visits the country and meets a frog.  The story has a tender and sort of sad ending.  





My favorite part in the story was how the two friends find lots of ways to interact with each other.  Sometimes they play and as the frog ages they sit and remember the good times they had together because I thought this was such a touching part of the story.  


The character that I liked best was the dog because he was so eager to enjoy life in the country with his new friend.  


I think the author wrote this book because in real friendships, friends celebrate differences and share in new experiences together.  


I would recommend this book to my friends because the story is heartwarming and the illustrations are beautiful.   


Reading to me is a way to cuddle up with my children because they enjoy stories as much as I do.  


*This is Stacy's second friend post this summer.  She is my go-to friend for reviews.  
*She and I have worked together for many years and always enjoy chatting about books.
*Stacy will read everything.  She is one of our Title 1 teachers in our building.
*Her reading choices can range from picture books to middle-grade novels to adult novels.
*Thank you friend for sharing your thoughts on this book.  




No comments:

Post a Comment