Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Wonder Wednesday #161 (Skype Visit with Nora Raleigh Baskin)

Wonder Wednesday - Author Skype Visit

*On Thursday, October 6th my fourth graders and I had our first Skype visit of the year.  And what a great one to start with.

*The first read aloud of our year together was Nine, Ten:  A September 11 Story by Nora Raleigh Baskin.

*It was a wonderful reading experience and we had many deep and meaningful discussions while I read the story to my class.



*We were so lucky that Nora agreed to speak with us via Skype.  She gave us a wonderful presentation of the history of the book and her writing process.

*The students in my class were able to ask questions and share comments with Nora.

*Everyone had such an enjoyable time and this experience brought her story even more to life.

*Here are some pictures from our time with Nora...












No comments:

Post a Comment