Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, December 23, 2016

Friend Friday #171 (One for the Murphy's by Lynda Mullaly Hunt)



Hi!  I'm Milana and I read the book called One for the Murphy's written by Lynda Mullaly Hunt.


I thought this book was AWESOME because it was a great story with some funny and some sad parts.  I really liked Carley.  







My favorite part in the story was when Carley met the Murphy's because that was the most dramatic part of the story and they were going to take care of her.    


The character that I liked best was Carley because she was the most interesting character and I wanted her to find a family that was good to her.    


I think the author wrote this book because she wanted to teach a lesson to the readers that everyone can find a family and they don't need to be related.  


I would recommend this book to my friends because it was an awesome.  It is the perfect book for fourth graders, especially girls.  But they need to be ready to be sad and maybe even cry.  


Reading to me is great because I liked to read and I like to find different books that I wouldn't normally read.  I'm glad I found this book on Mr. Andrus' bookshelf.  


*Milana is one of my favorite readers to work with.
*She started the year picking out short novels and mostly graphic novels.
*As the year as progressed, she has ventured out and tried new types of stories.
*Milana loves to peruse my hard-cover book collection and has found many wonderful novels.  This one included.  
*I told her she should read Fish in a Tree next.  She smiled and said OK!  









2 comments:

  1. Thank you for including these videos with your post. I am an elementary school librarian and a big fan of Linda Mullaly Hunt's books. Right now I am in tears (kind of happy and sad at the same time) after listening to the first video of the interview with Ms. Hunt. Tonight I will be listening to the rest of the videos & will eventually share with my students. I must also compliment you on your student's book report. Great job, Milana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback. Will share with Milana.

    ReplyDelete