Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Wonder Wednesday #172 (Reading in the Sun)

Wonder Wednesday - Reading in the Sun

*My family and I were lucky enough to spend a week in the Dominican Republic from December 26th - January 2nd.

*We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and wanted to spend some quality time with our two college age children.

*After checking into our all-inclusive resort, we spent the seven days sitting poolside and on the beach just relaxing, chatting, and of course I READ as much as possible.

*Here are some images from my vacation that capture that special "extra" reading time I had over the holidays...

 My first read of vacation was actually a "reread" of Save Me A Seat.  Our "Breakfast with Books" book club is currently reading it.  

 I was so excited to read this ARC that I received at #NCTE16.  Once I started, I could not put it down.  It is now on a "book journey" with some Twitter friends.  

 One of my favorite spots to read was poolside.  What an amazing view!

 When not reading by the pool, I found the perfect spot on the beach to continue reading.


 Once I was settled in my chair, I would either read or enjoy the "views" from above.  

 This was an "unputdownable" book.  

 I brought my ARC of this book and shared with my daughter.  She doesn't get a lot of time to "free read" while in college, but she LOVED this reading experience.  

 She enjoyed these reading spots as much as I did.  

 Watching her devour this novel brought me such joy!

 This novel published for adults brought me hours of enjoyment.  

 
My young-adult novel was read right down there poolside and on beach.  Such a beautiful place to do some much needed "hard-core" READING!  

No comments:

Post a Comment