Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Wonder Wednesday #184 (Picture Book March Madness)

Wonder Wednesday - March Madness (Part TWO)

*A couple of years ago I participated in Picture Book March Madness with a couple of Twitter "Buddies".

*I loved it, the kids loved it, and we read some awesome picture books.



*I'm not sure why, but the next couple of years during March, I was not able (or willing) to have my students enjoy the "benefits" of this program.

*This year I decided to get back to this cool idea, share thirty-two new and incredible picture books with my readers, and have fun with celebrating reading during the NCAA March Madness.

*There were 16 first rounds in our bracket.  Each day I shared two picture books, had them rate them, and vote for their favorite using Survey Monkey online.

*Once we shared the thirty-two books, we narrowed them down to sixteen, then eight, four, and of course down to the final two.

*A few weeks ago I posted the first four rounds of our books and voting.  Here are rounds #five through #sixteen.

*I've also posted the results of the "sweet sixteen", "elite eight", "final four", and of course the final two books.  I think the students did a wonderful job of narrowing down all the GREAT stories to their final choice!

















No comments:

Post a Comment