Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Wonder Wednesday #185 (Skype Visit with Lauren Wolk)

Wonder Wednesday - Skype Visit with Lauren Wolk

*On Monday, April 17th my class had the privilege and honor of spending some time with Lauren Wolk, the author of Wolf Hollow.

*I read this novel last summer and absolutely loved it.  I knew I was going to use it in some way with my fourth grade readers.

*After some thought, I decided to read it to my class during our historical fiction unit.  They loved it as much as I did.



*Here is a list of what novels we have shared a group...

Nine, Ten, A September 11 Story by Nora Raleigh Baskin

Sticks and Stones by Abby Cooper


Bubbles by Abby Cooper

When Friendship Followed Me Home by Paul Griffin


Finding Perfect by Elly Swartz

Wolf Hollow by Lauren Wolk 

Anything But Typical by Nora Raleigh Baskin



*Each of the readers had a chance to ask a question about the book, the characters, or Lauren's life.

*She was gracious to sneak away from work for a bit and talk to my class.  It was such a great way to wrap-up our experience with the novel.

*Here is a look at our Skype session in action...






















No comments:

Post a Comment