Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Wonder Wednesday #207 (Writer's Notebooks)

Wonder Wednesday - Writers in Action

*We read everyday!

*We write everyday!

*One goal I had for this year was to have my readers and writers share more.

*I wouldn't say I have reached this goal, but I am getting better.


*I try to build in "share" time each day for both the readers and writers.  This piece of the workshop has been a great addition and we have found it extremely valuable.

*What I have noticed as the year has progressed is that the students themselves will ASK to share either their writing and/or what they are reading.  I love when this happens.  There may not always be time to fit this type of sharing in during the day, but I'm making a point to make this a priority.

*Recently two of my writers asked to share pieces they worked on during our writer's notebooks time.  Here is our weekly schedule for our writer's notebooks...

Monday - Music Monday (Write about a piece of music)

Tuesday - Random Topic Tuesday (Write about a random topic from a list of 156 topics)

Wednesday - Picture Wednesday (Write about an image/picture)

Thursday - Life Lesson Thursday (Write about a video with a life-lesson)

Friday - Friday Choice (Write about whatever they would like)

*I've included the two pieces that were recently shared.  I was thrilled to see what the writers are coming up with and creating on the page...

This piece came from Life-Lesson Thursday - "Being Inspired"

This piece came from Music Monday - "Rise Up" by Andra Day

No comments:

Post a Comment